Friday, April 9, 2010

What the bumps in the road can teach us.

When you think enough has happened to you that is less than desirable, you're simply tempting fate. It's been a rough couple of months for me. I have been having a depressive episode and although given certain circumstances in my life it is probably quite normal, it has made me reflect upon my illness quite a bit. I have resumed seeing a psychiatrist and so far have been vigilant about attending sessions which can be a problem for me especially when I'm feeling very depressed. That seems to be the time when my anxiety really crops up and I suffer from agoraphobia on top of everything else.


There have been numerous problems with school since it's hard to keep up when you barely can manage getting out of bed some days. Most recently due to miscommunication and action before checking things out thouroughly my student loans were suddenly cut off and I didn't recieve any notice until the day rent was due, after the cheque for rent had been cashed which left me none too pleased.

The good thing about this latest episode is I have been honest with those around me about what I'm feeling. Normally I would keep it to myself and suffer alone thinking I wouldn't want to bother anyone. This time around I thought what an asset it may be to have people who know how I feel and stand behind me when I'm feeling like this. So far that's going well for me.

Above all I feel like my husband and me, despite some hiccups caused by my moodyness, have managed to become closer and more honest and able to talk to each other. So I guess there is always a silver lining after all...

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I hope you will always feel safe being honest with me. <3 I will always be there for you though, regardless of distance.